Chat (Moodle activity)
The Chat activity creates a space for you and your students to have real-time discussion.
Suggestions on how to use this tool
- Create real-time conversation opportunities for your students. You can set up the chat room for specific groups of students.
- Off-campus students can meet online to discuss assignments and group work.
- Engage your students real-time using the chat activity. Set a specific time to do the chat and be clear about what you want to accomplish in the real-time conversation.
Create a chat room
- In the Unit banner, click Turn editing on.
- In the topic you would like to add a chat, click Add an activity or resource.
- Select Chat and click Add. This will open the settings page.
- In the Name field, give your chat room a name and an introduction.
- In the Next chat time field, indicate when you would like the chat to occur.
- You can choose to:
- Repeat the session
- Save past sessions
- Allow everyone to view past sessions.
- Once complete, click Save and return to unit.