Files and folders in Moodle
You can add files to your Moodle unit and make them available to students. Organising your unit contents into folders can help you manage files in Moodle. There are two main ways of adding individual or multiple files to a Moodle unit: Drag and drop or add files or folder as a new resource.
Drag and drop
You can drag and drop files directly into an activity or resource or a unit section or topic.
Note: Drag and drop only works with files, folders cannot be added this way.
Adding files and folders
- Ensure editing is turned on.
- In the section you want to add your file or folder, click +Add an activity or resource.
- Under Resources, select File or Folder and click Add.
- In the General section, give your file or folder a name and enter a description if needed.
- In the Content section, under Files you'll see a window where you can upload files (Maximum upload limit of 100MB)
- Add file using the File Picker
- Add a new folder. If a folder already exists, this will create a new subfolder)
- Download all files (for existing folders only)
- Toggle between different views
- Existing subfolders will appear here
- Clicking on the Add file icon will open the File picker window. You can: