Academic Integrity and Academic Misconduct
Legislation and policies
- Council Regulations (see Part 7)
- Academic Board Regulations (see Part 3)
- Assessment and Academic Integrity Policy
- Student Academic Integrity Procedure
- Student Academic Misconduct Procedure
- Student Academic and General Misconduct:Hearing and Appeals Panels Procedure
Student Academic Integrity Module
- The academic integrity compulsory module must be completed by all new students starting at Monash. The module is available through the Compulsory Units Portal.
Academic integrity central register
Access to the central register is restricted to staff authorised by the faculty deputy/associate deans (education) or Senior Director of SEBS (or delegate). To change access, email authorisation from the DDE/ADE/SEBS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To search the register, contact your faculty academic integrity officers:
Academic integrity contact
Art, Design and Architecture
Business and Economics
Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Report Alleged Student Academic Misconduct
Use this form to report an allegation of academic misconduct (including a breach of academic integrity that is not a minor breach) to the Responsible Officer for your faculty.
Academic misconduct is conduct by which a student seeks to gain for themself or another person an unfair or unjustified academic advantage in a course or unit [Monash University (Council) Regulation 30(4)].
Who should use this form
- Chief examiners
- Chief examiners can use this form to report breaches of academic integrity that may constitute academic misconduct.
- Other staff members
- Staff members can use this form to report allegations of student academic misconduct that aren’t related to a specific unit or assessment item.
- You can also use this form to report an allegation of academic misconduct you’ve received from someone else.
- If you’re marking an assessment item and you suspect a student has breached academic integrity, refer the matter straight to the chief examiner (do not use this form).
When to submit this form
There’s no time limit, but you should report an allegation of academic misconduct straight away.
For queries about academic misconduct, contact the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com.
Contact Janet Hubner or Paul Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org from the Education Policy and Projects team for queries about:
- access and technical issues for the academic integrity central register
- academic integrity templates