This professional learning module is designed for teaching associates, demonstrators or those new to teaching in higher education and assists you to learn more about the essential elements of great teaching.
It is designed to help you increase learner engagement. It outlines some of the expectations for teaching at Monash. It supports you to build positive relationships with students, using questioning as an active learning strategy and in effective planning for each of your teaching sessions.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of excellent teaching and learning
- Reflect on their current alignment with Monash’s expectations
- Effectively build rapport with students
- Develop a plan to guide the teaching of a session which is well sequenced, active and interactive in orientation.
Task 1: Four multiple choice quizzes
Task 2: A detailed teaching session plan
- Online mode of delivery
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have completed this module in a previous year, you are not eligible to submit an assessment or have your completion recorded in 2022.