MoVE User guide
Monash Virtual Environment (MoVE) allows students to access specialised software and applications, anywhere and anytime from their own device. Students enrolled in activities that require MoVE will be able to complete assessments and software specific study outside of on-campus labs. Access to applications is determined by course enrolment details and may change.
MoVE can be accessed through your web browser(Light version, no installation required) or by installing the Citrix Receiver app, which provides a better user experience. If you frequently use MoVE, installing the Citrix Receiver app is recommended.
- Navigate to the MoVE website: https://move.monash.edu
- Enter your Monash credentials to log in.
- Once launched, the MoVE workspace will display the programs and applications that you have access to.
- Double-click the applications to launch them within the MoVE workspace.
- From here you can see all of the available apps under the Apps tab, or just apps for your faculty by clicking on your faculty tile at the top of the page. By clicking the arrow at the bottom of an app tile, you will be able to open the application, or add it to your favourites on the Home tab if you use it frequently.
Switching between MoVE Light and Citrix Receiver app
If using Chrome you can switch from MoVE Light to the Citrix receiver app:
- Click the Settings cog.
- Select Account Settings.
- Then select ‘Change Citrix Receiver…’
Note: If not using Chrome, log out of MoVE, clear your browser’s cache and login again, following the prompts to download the Citrix Receiver app.
Managing files in MoVE
Whenever you use MoVE, make sure you take note of where your work is being saved.
You can either save documents to your Documents folder (your Home drive, accessible on the Monash network only) or ‘Save to my device’ to save to your local computer.
Note: You can only upload or download 10 files/up to 2GB at a time. If you need to transfer a large number of
files and are working on a personal computer, see Mapping MoVE to your Monash Documents folder.
To manage files in MoVE (Light version), select the menu tab.
- Download files from MoVE
- Upload files to MoVE
- Copy the content you wish to copy/paste into a MoVE application.
- Select the Open clipboard icon and paste the copied content.
- Open the application/file you wish to paste into and use its paste function.
Mapping MoVE to your Monash Documents folder
If you need to move a large number of files, exceeding the 2GB limit, you can map them to your Monash Documents folder.
Note: You must be connected to the Monash network via Eduroam. If not connected to Eduroam, you’ll need to connect to Monash VPN (Virtual Private Network).
If you need further assistance, please contact the Service Desk.