Visitors are defined as members of the community who are not
- current staff or students of Monash University [see About borrowing]
- members of other affiliated Tertiary Institutions [see Reciprocal borrowing].
Monash University alumni may be able to register to borrow from the Library for a reduced fee - see Alumni services page.
Registered visitors can only borrow from Monash Victorian Libraries.
This membership is not available to residents outside Victoria, Australia.
How to join online
There are two options for Library membership
- 12 Months - A$220
- 6 Months - A$110.
Visitor borrowing entitlements
- 15 items for two weeks
- High-demand, restricted loan, reserve items and journals cannot be requested or borrowed;
- Videos, CDs and other special materials may be borrowed depending on the loan conditions for different collections.
- Check your emails for information about your loans, as you will receive an email alert a few days before the end of your loan period.
- Many items will be automatically renewed up to 14 weeks, providing no holds are placed on an item by another user during this time.
- You won't be able to borrow if you have an item that is overdue.
- Fines will apply to overdue items.
Support & Quick links
- Comprehensive Library Search Guide
- Searching other Australian Libraries
- Monash Australian libraries
- Library Opening Hours
- Giving to the Library
- by email: email@example.com
- by telephone +61 3 9905 5054