Staff and students from all participating Victorian universities and colleges can enjoy the benefits of the CAVAL Reciprocal Borrowing Scheme. You can borrow from the Library by:
- Presenting your current staff or student ID to staff at the information point at any Monash branch library.
Open Universities Australia (OUA)
- OUA students may register for membership for $55.
- To register you must have a local address and bring photographic ID to an information point at any library.
- You may also register and pay online.
University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ)
- Staff and students from all participating Australian universities and colleges can join ULANZ.
- ULANZ students may register for membership by paying a $55 fee. To register you must have a local address and bring photographic ID to an information point at any library.
- You may also register and pay online
Entitlements of reciprocal borrowers
- 15 items for two weeks
- High-demand, restricted loan, reserve items and journals cannot be borrowed;
- Videos, CDs and other special materials may be borrowed depending on the loan conditions applying for different collections.
- Check your emails for information about your loans, as you will receive an email alert a few days before the end of your loan period.
- Many items will be automatically renewed up to 14 weeks, providing no holds are placed on an item by another user during this time.
- You won't be able to borrow if you have an item that is overdue.
- Fines will apply to overdue items.