Teaching hospital libraries
The Library works closely with hospital libraries in Australia where Monash University staff are located and where medical and allied health students do their clinical training.
The hospital libraries are
* Alfred Health Libraries
* Bendigo Health Library
* Cabrini Health Library
* Eastern Health Library Service (Box Hill, Maroondah)
* Epworth Knowledge Services
* Mildura Base Hospital Library
* Monash Health Libraries
* Monash School of Rural Health - Bairnsdale and Central Gippsland Health Services Libraries (Bairnsdale,Sale)
* Monash School of Rural Health - Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Hospital Libraries (Traralgon, Warragul)
* Peninsula Health Medical Library (Frankston)
Every effort is made to ensure that the students based at rural and other hospitals have access to resources. This includes placing Monash University material in the libraries at the hospitals. Staff and postgraduate students, including Honours students, can request items not available in their home library or online through the library's Document Delivery Service.
Each teaching hospital library gives preference to their main clients: hospital staff and staff/ students based on-site according to particular criteria.
Other Monash University staff and students who are not based at the campus concerned may be able to make a Loan request through Search.