What is an ELN?
Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN) is a digital platform that is designed to replace traditional paper research notebooks with a digital and secure version.
Key features of ELNs:
- Research data management and organisation – you are able to manage and organise all of your research data and information in one place (central HUB).
- Searchable – ELNs can be searched by keywords or tags and even by the contents of files.
- Portability – the cloud-based platform can be accessed anywhere, anytime from both iOS and Android devices.
- Sharing – data can be accessed by your research group and collaborators.
- Inventory – samples, reagents and consumables can be kept up-to-date in an easy-to-use visual display.
- IP protected – intellectual property is protected with third party data and timestamps.
- Data security – data is centrally stored including historical versions of every file, recording the date, time and username kept for audit-ability.
- Seamless – files, photos and documents can be moved directly into ELNs and stored.
The University's ELN platform is LabArchives.