Library services for researchers
The Library is your partner in research, contributing a range of services, resources and programs to strengthen effective discovery, use and management of information.
The Research Lifecycle tool can help connect you with the tools, information and advice for each stage of your research, or you can browse our key services below.
Accessing information and data
- Locate and access the Library’s extensive print and online resources with Search. See our guides for advice on searching, and specialist databases.
- Borrow unlimited items for an initial 4 weeks. See full borrowing entitlements.
- Use the Document Delivery service to request material not available at Monash University.
- Consult with the appropriate subject librarian(s) to be involved with selecting new scholarly material for the collection.
- Access data sets from the Library’s licensed databases or open source platforms with the Text and Data Mining service. Contact your Subject Librarian for further information.
- Graduate research student? See our guide on navigating the graduate research journey.
Managing your research
- Store, manage and cite references easily with EndNote.
- Discover best practices for managing your research data.
- Learn how to gather, use, explore, interpret and visualise data to effectively communicate your research and ideas with Data Fluency
Publishing and measuring impact
- Gain practical advice on managing copyright from the Monash University Copyright Adviser.
- Find advice and tools for creating author IDs (e.g. ORCiD) and research profiles.
- Publish research data and obtain a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) with monash.figshare.
- Use altmetrics to better understand and demonstrate the impact of your research.
- Learn about publishing opportunities with Monash University Publishing.
Consultations and training
- Make an appointment with one of the Library's Research and Learning advisers.They can provide advice at any stage of your research.
- Contact our data management librarians: email@example.com.
- Contact the copyright adviser: firstname.lastname@example.org.