Library services for all Monash students
You can access our range of resources and services in a variety of ways – online, in person at our libraries and through Research and Learning skills activities provided by our staff through the academic program.
Check the latest information on how we will support you in 2020.
The Library's online resources are offered through this website, through Moodle and the Library tile on my.monash. They include:
- Library guides – These guides are a starting point for researching your subject area.
- Research and Learning Online – These online tutorials are designed to build your academic skills and performance.
- Quick study guides - Tips to help you settle in to university, deal with examinations, tackle assignments, and for many other situations.
- Reading lists - Your unit's reading list has been prepared in conjunction with your lecturer and will provide links to articles you need to read.
- Databases - Access specialist information through our Databases guide
- Electronic books and journals - access them through Search.
At our libraries on each campus you can
- use a computer or your laptop - if needed, check computer availability in the Library
- borrow books using your Monash ID card – see About borrowing
- print or photocopy - see Printing, copying and scanning
- use a discussion room - for your project group (Note: room booking is temporarily not available)
- attend a library class or activity - see Programs and drop-ins
- get advice from a librarian or learning skills adviser at a drop-in session on how to tackle an assignment, find the information you need or improve your academic communication and study skills.
Read our Research and learning skills brochure to find out more.
Postgraduate and honours students
If you are a postgraduate or honours student we offer
- generous borrowing conditions – see About borrowing
- study facilities and discussion rooms - see also Study spaces
- training in the use of Endnote software or particular resources - see Programs and drop-ins
- specialist staff with knowledge in your discipline for advice at any stage of your studies - see Research and learning staff
- Document delivery services, if Monash does not hold the item you want - see Document Delivery
- A Graduate Research Library guide to assist students undertaking the research journey.
If you are undertaking an honours or graduate research degree we recommend that you visit our Researchers page to discover the full range of specialised services available to you.
Students on study leave
Students on study leave remain a student of Monash University with access to University services, including Library access.