Library services for off-campus students
All Monash students can use Library resources via the Students page.
Note: Different entitlements apply to students enrolled in an online course.
If you are enrolled in an off-campus learning course, or more than 50% of your enrolment is in off-campus mode, you are eligible for the following services:
Loans for off-campus students
Consult About borrowing for details of your entitlements, making a request, renewals and fines.
You can request items for postal loan online through Search. Select the pickup location "Personal Delivery" and then ‘Home Address’ when requesting items in Search. The item will be posted to you.
The Library will pay for the outward postage; you pay for the return postage. Returned items must reach the Library by the due date rather than be posted on the due date; you are responsible for items posted to you until they are returned to the Library. Contact the Library (+61 3 9905 5054 or through ask.monash) for assistance.
You can check the address for the library for postal return of your items. Some limitations to postal loans apply if you are not resident in Australia.
Only students that the University considers to be off-campus students will see this option in Search.
Electronic delivery of print materials
Postgraduate students:You can request web delivery of journal articles and book chapters via document delivery. For information on other services for postgraduates see Library services for researchers.
Information research and learning skills
Librarians can work with you on:
- how and where to start researching your topic
- effective use of databases and the internet
- finding, evaluating and incorporating information
- using the Library's collections
- citing and referencing to avoid plagiarism
- managing your research data using EndNote.
Learning skills advisers can work with you on:
- study methods and exam preparation
- collaboration and team work
- effective listening and note-taking
- problem-solving and critical thinking
- reading strategies
- essay, report and thesis writing
- writing for research projects
- academic English
- oral communication and presentation
Access to libraries
You can visit any branch of the Library to use services and facilities or borrow items in person.
You can also visit and borrow from non-Monash libraries - in Victoria you can register under the CAVAL scheme, while residents of other Australian states or New Zealand can register under the University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) scheme.
Contact the Library
- +61 3 9905 5054
- Phone hours
- During semester
Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday 1pm to 4pm
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- During semester
Got a question:
- ask.monash (see frequently asked questions or lodge an enquiry