Library services for teaching staff
The Library is your partner and collaborator. We contribute a range of services, resources and programs to enhance teaching and facilitate student learning and employability skills development.
The Teaching Lifecycle tool can help connect you with tools, information and advice for your teaching, or you can browse our key services below.
Print and electronic resources for teaching
- Copyright compliant reading lists are created for academic units each year. Contact us to arrange a reading list for your teaching unit.
- Locate and access the Library’s extensive print and online resources with Search. See our guides for advice on searching, and specialist databases.
- Borrow unlimited items for an initial 4 weeks. See full borrowing entitlements.
- Use the Document Delivery service to request material not available at Monash University.
- Suggest new items for the collection.
- Online curriculum tools that might be useful for you
Information research and learning skills
- Developing resources for research, learning and employability skills programs in partnership with you, and teaching these skills in face to face, online and blended environments
- Research and Learning Online content that can be added to your Moodle page.
- Drop-in sessions at the libraries
- Graduate research programs and resources
- Individual appointment with a learning skills adviser for a student who is in need of intensive support. Students should first complete the Assignment Action Sheet
Consultations and training
- Make an appointment with your faculty’s Research and Learning advisers. Librarians and learning Skills advisers with specialist knowledge can provide suggestions and advice at any stage.
- The Library is guided in its work with curricula by the Research Skills Development (RSD) Framework and the Work Skills Development Framework- Find out more
- If a new or changed course is being offered – contact the Faculty team leader and complete a Library Impact statement - PDF or Word