Library Research Skills drop-in sessions
Drop-in online to get expert advice from a librarian. In these drop-ins, Librarians work with students and staff to develop skills in:
- how and where to start researching a topic
- finding and evaluating information
- access to and use of Library collections, databases and the Internet
- researching for assessments and projects
- citing and referencing: identifying sources and using referencing styles
In Semester 2 2021, the online Library Research Skills drop-in service is available Monday to Friday 12pm to 5pm AEST via ZOOM
REMEMBER: Open Zoom and sign-in before you use the link above to join a drop-in session. Otherwise, Zoom's security features may ask you to 'Authenticate' and prevent you from joining.
After joining the session, you will be greeted by one of our facilitators who will direct you to a 15-20 minute one-on-one conversation with a Librarian.
If you would like to share your screen with one of our experts, please make sure you connect via a Laptop or Desktop device.
Not familiar with Zoom? Check out this Library guide.
The Student Academic Success team of Learning and Language Advisers can help you get on track with your learning and stay on track to boost your grades.
You can book a learning or language consultation for support with:
- improving your academic writing (sentence structure, grammar and tense or share a sample of your writing to get feedback)
- managing your study time and preparing for assessments and presentations
- demonstrating the knowledge you’ve gained in your assessments
- how to ask the right questions to demonstrate your critical thinking skills
- where to access interactive online modules to develop your skills at your own pace
- and much more