If you need help with your studies or assignments, you can drop-in completely online to get expert advice from a learning skills adviser or librarian. This is the same service provided at the Research and Learning point in the libraries, but instead of face to face it's now delivered online.
During Winter term, 22 June to 31 July, online Research and Learning point service is available Monday to Friday 12pm to 3pm via ZOOM
- Librarian and Learning Skills Adviser 12-3pm
- Law Librarian 12-3pm (for specific law questions)
- Law Learning Skills Adviser 12-1pm and 2-3pm (for specific law questions)
REMEMBER: Open Zoom and sign-in before you use the link above to join a drop-in session. Otherwise, Zoom's security features may ask you to 'Authenticate' and prevent you from joining.
After joining the session, you will be greeted by one of our facilitators who will direct you to a 15-20 minute one-on-one conversation with a Librarian or Learning Skills Adviser.
If you would like to share your screen with one of our experts, please make sure you connect via a Laptop or Desktop device.
Not familiar with Zoom? Check out this Library guide.
What our experts can help you with
Librarians assist students with:
- how and where to start researching your topic
- effective use of databases and the Internet
- finding and evaluating information
- using the Library’s collections.
Learning Skills Advisers assist students with improving their academic communication and approaches to learning, including:
- approaching assignments
- written and oral communication skills
- study methods and exam preparation
- effective listening and note-taking
- problem-solving and critical thinking
- reading strategies.