If you need help with your studies or assignments, you can drop-in completely online to get expert advice from a learning skills adviser or librarian. This is the same service provided at the Research and Learning point in the libraries, but instead of face to face it's now delivered online.
Online drop-ins are available 12pm - 6pm Monday - Friday:
REMEMBER: Open Zoom and sign-in before you use the link above to join a drop-in session. Otherwise, Zoom's security features may ask you to 'Authenticate' and prevent you from joining.
After joining the session, you will be greeted by one of our facilitators who will direct you to a 15-20 minute one-on-one conversation with a Librarian or Learning Skills Adviser.
Not familiar with Zoom? Check out this Library guide.
Are you a Law student? For Law students only, drop-in using the following links:
- via ZOOM LAW (Librarian)
- via ZOOM LAW (Learning Skills Adviser )
- via ZOOM LAW Postgraduates (Learning Skills Adviser)
What our experts can help you with
Librarians assist students with:
- how and where to start researching your topic
- effective use of databases and the Internet
- finding and evaluating information
- using the Library’s collections.
Learning Skills Advisers assist students with improving their academic communication and approaches to learning, including:
- approaching assignments
- written and oral communication skills
- study methods and exam preparation
- effective listening and note-taking
- problem-solving and critical thinking
- reading strategies.