Your study and research in 2020 will be a quality experience. We will support you.
Your Library is committed to supporting you throughout your learning and research. You can access the services you need online and rest assured there's Library staff ready to help you.
What's open, what's closed
From 26 March until 30 April, all libraries are closed except Matheson and Peninsula which remain open (9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday) to support residential students. Access to the two open libraries is restricted to students and staff who need to present their Monash ID. Access to print collections may be limited.
- Discussion rooms are closed due to social distancing requirements.
- During the Easter break 10 - 14 April, Matheson and Peninsula will be closed, reopening on 15 April.
We’re practising social distancing to slow the spread of the coronavirus. We’ve made adjustments to allow for the 1.5 metre distance between people, including reducing the number of seats. We have also increased our cleaning services.
Check the health advice and latest information before coming to campus. Please stay home, and consider contacting a medical professional, if you are feeling unwell.
If you have any queries, you can ask Library staff virtually via the device at the Information Point at Matheson and Peninsula libraries. Or you can visit ask.monash or call us on +61 3 9905 5054 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (effective Friday 3 April 2020). See a full list of key Library contacts.
Loans and hold requests
If you have items on loan from the Library, keep them until the end of semester one 2020. This includes short loans. You will not be fined and all existing fines will be suspended.
To enable the loan extensions, hold requests via Search are temporarily not available until further notice.
Learning in a Digital World
Here are some useful resources to help you do online study effectively:
- Check out the Learning in a Digital World section in the Monash Essentials Moodle unit. You will need to self-enrol.
- Learn how to use the different online tools at Monash via this handy Learning Tools Library Guide.
- Follow the weekly study tips on this page and on the Library blog.
Need help with your studies or assignments?
You can now drop-in completely online to get expert advice from a learning skills adviser or librarian. Find out how to access this service.
Essential skills for academic success
We have resources to guide you through the study process, from starting a unit to preparing for exams. Visit Research and Learning Online.
Need help with your research?
If you're a researcher, we offer a range of online services:
- You can book online consultations and get advice from Library staff wherever you're at in the Research Lifecycle.
- Specialist advice and online consultations on research data management and related topics is available from email@example.com
- Data Fluency workshops will be available online in April, and the Community of Practice offers online drop-ins and a Slack Channel to get advice and share experiences.
Access 4.7 million electronic resources to support your study and research
You can access these electronic resources via Search.
Problems accessing Library databases, ejournals or ebooks off-site?
Use the Monash VPN.