Your Library will support you
Find out the latest on Library services during COVID-19. Whether working from home or from campus, you can access the services you need. Rest assured your Library is committed to supporting you through your learning and research.
Our libraries are open to the public. If you’re visiting the library in person, you’ll need to scan a QR code to register your building entry. You will be able to use the space and browse our collections. Please note that we’re running a limited service and borrowing, membership purchasing/renewals etc won’t be possible until further notice.
All six libraries are open, library locations and opening hours are available on the Library opening hours page.
The libraries will operate with:
- Self-serve access to the onsite collection.
- A density requirement of one person per two square metres applies (with no cap).
- When physical distancing of 1.5 metres cannot be maintained, it's strongly recommended you continue to wear a face mask. You must carry one at all times.
- Increased cleaning of all communal library spaces and maximised building fresh air intake.
Access to collections
The collections are available for use. The Special Collections Reading Room in th Matheson is open for researchers by appointment Monday through Friday. For bookings and information contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to loans and fines
- For your loan due dates, check your library account in Search, or the Library tile in My.Monash. You can return items at any of our libraries during opening hours or by using the after hours returns chutes. The after hours chutes will be open during the University closedown. More information about returns here.
- Fines will accrue from 1 March 2021, the start of Semester 1 teaching period.
- A delay in the returned items being removed from your library account is normal and is due to our COVID safe quarantining.
- All current Monash staff, students and alumni will be able to request on loan items in Search as well as items not held in their home library.
Wherever possible, we're sourcing an online version of prescribed texts on reading lists. We're also increasing the number of ebook copies to ensure ready access to course readings when you need them.
In addition to Library workshops delivered online as part of units and courses, generic and coursework-aligned programs are also being delivered via Zoom. Check out what's on offer in the Library Class Booking System.
Library research skills drop-ins
If you need help with your assignments or studies, you can drop in online to get expert advice from a librarian.
Essential skills for academic success
Check out some resources to guide you through the study process, from starting a unit to preparing for exams. Visit Research and Learning Online.
Document delivery service
The Document delivery service is for staff, graduate and honours students.
As most of our suppliers for document delivery and interlibrary loans are operating with access restrictions as a result of COVID19 closures, we will do our best to fill requests but please be aware that availability and turnaround times may be impacted.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
If you're a researcher, we offer a range of online services:
- You can book online consultations and get advice from Library staff wherever you're at in the Research Lifecycle.
- Specialist advice and online consultations on research data management and related topics is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Fluency workshops will be available online, and the Community of Practice offers online drop-ins and a Slack Channel to get advice and share experiences.
Visit ask.monash, use our live chat located at the bottom right of this page, or call us on +61 3 9905 5054 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.