Your Library will support you
Your Library is committed to supporting you throughout your learning and research. You can access the services you need online and rest assured there are Library staff ready to help you.
All six libraries are open on a limited basis to support students without access to adequate study facilities at home.
- Only essential library staff are on-site.
- Virtual information points and self-serve access have been implemented for on-site collection.
- Reduced operating hours: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Access is restricted to Monash University and Monash College students only who will need to present their Monash ID.* General visitors will not be admitted.
- Physical distancing must be maintained and face masks worn at all times.
- Increased cleaning of all communal library spaces
*If you've misplaced or lost your Monash ID card, you can request a replacement card.
Access to collections
The collections in the open libraries are available for use, except the Special Collections and exhibitions at the Matheson Library. You can use the self-check machines to borrow from the collections in these locations.
Changes to loans and fines
- All loans will be extended to 18 December 2020. Borrowers will be contacted if an item is needed.
- Library fines for overdue items will be waived during this period (starting from 31 January 2020).
- You will not receive reminders and email notifications for overdue and lost items.
- Hold requests via Search are suspended.
- All items requested and ‘on hold’ before the suspension have been sent directly to your preferred address.
Wherever possible, we're sourcing an online version of prescribed texts on reading lists. We're also increasing the number of ebook licences to ensure ready access to course readings when you need them.
In addition to Library workshops delivered online as part of units and courses, generic and coursework-aligned programs are also being delivered via Zoom. Check out what's on offer in the Library Class Booking System via the Library tile on my.monash.
Research and Learning drop-ins
If you need help with your assignments or studies, you can drop in completely online to get expert advice from a learning skills adviser or librarian. This is the same service provided at the Research and Learning point in the libraries, but instead of face to face it's now delivered online.
Essential skills for academic success
Check out some resources to guide you through the study process, from starting a unit to preparing for exams. Visit Research and Learning Online.
Document delivery service
The Document delivery service is for staff, graduate and honours students.
As most of our suppliers for document delivery and interlibrary loans are operating with access restrictions as a result of COVID19 closures, we will do our best to fill requests but please be aware that availability and turnaround times may be impacted.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're a researcher, we offer a range of online services:
- You can book online consultations and get advice from Library staff wherever you're at in the Research Lifecycle.
- Specialist advice and online consultations on research data management and related topics is available from email@example.com
- Data Fluency workshops will be available online, and the Community of Practice offers online drop-ins and a Slack Channel to get advice and share experiences.