Your Library will support you
Your Library is committed to supporting you throughout your learning and research. You can access the services you need online and rest assured there are Library staff ready to help you.
All libraries are open but are operating on a limited basis.
- Essential staff only onsite, virtual information points and self-serve access to onsite collection.
- Reduced operating hours: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday only.
- Access restricted to Monash University and Monash College students and staff ONLY who will need to present their Monash ID. If you've misplaced or lost your ID, you can get a replacement.
- Seating capacity reduced for physical distancing.
- Increased and constant cleaning throughout the day to wipe down high touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitiser stations installed and regularly refilled.
On Monday 24 August, Matheson Library will resume opening for its extended times, 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday. All other libraries will remain open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
More study spaces are available at Clayton, Caulfield and Peninsula campuses.
Access to collections
The collections in all the libraries are available for use, except the Special Collections and exhibitions at the Matheson Library. You can use the self-check machines to borrow from the collections in these locations.
Changes to loans and fines
- All loans will be extended to 31 August 2020.
- Library fines for overdue items will be waived during this period (starting from 31 January 2020).
- You will not receive reminders and email notifications for overdue and lost items.
- Hold requests via Search are suspended.
- All items requested and ‘on hold’ before the suspension have been sent directly to your preferred address.
Wherever possible, we're sourcing an online version of prescribed texts on reading lists. We're also increasing the number of ebook licences to ensure ready access to course readings when you need them.
In addition to Library workshops delivered online as part of units and courses, generic and coursework-aligned programs are also being delivered via Zoom. Check out what's on offer in the Library Class Booking System via the Library tile on my.monash.
Research and Learning drop-ins
If you need help with your assignments or studies, you can drop in completely online to get expert advice from a learning skills adviser or librarian. This is the same service provided at the Research and Learning point in the libraries, but instead of face to face it's now delivered online.
Essential skills for academic success
Check out some resources to guide you through the study process, from starting a unit to preparing for exams. Visit Research and Learning Online.
Document delivery service
The Document delivery service is for staff, graduate and honours students.
As most of our suppliers for document delivery and interlibrary loans are operating with access restrictions as a result of COVID19 closures, we will do our best to fill requests but please be aware that availability and turnaround times may be impacted.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
If you're a researcher, we offer a range of online services:
- You can book online consultations and get advice from Library staff wherever you're at in the Research Lifecycle.
- Specialist advice and online consultations on research data management and related topics is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Fluency workshops will be available online, and the Community of Practice offers online drop-ins and a Slack Channel to get advice and share experiences.