3D scanning is the process of analysing and capturing real-world objects to construct high resolution digital models. With the assistance of scanning software, cameras and light projectors are used to capture a range of information which is translated to digital point clouds, 3d surfaces and meshes.
Accessible to MADA Staff and Students, the HP 3D Structured Light Scanner Pro creates precise 360°, three dimensional models in minutes.
Note: All scanning, aligning and fusion of scanned objects must be completed using the DFab 3D Scanning computer.
Click the tabs below for more information.
The 3D Scanner must be booked whenever the machine & computer are in operation. All bookings for User Operated Equipment must be made using DFab's booing system Skedda
If you are unable to make a booking, this could be due to one of the following reasons...
- You are not a MADA staff member/ student
- You have not signed up to Skedda
- You are not signed in to your Skedda account
- You have not completed the annual General Access Induction Assessment
- You have exceeded the maximum daily / weekly booking quota
- You have not completed the appropriate training
OBJ, PLY, STL, JPEG
0.05mm Automated Turntable
60 - 500 mm
Up to 0.05% of scan size (maximum resolution 0.05 mm)
Up to 2,300,000 vertices per scan