Centrally administered scholarships
There are 2 main types of centrally administered scholarship:
- Tuition Fee Scholarship - awarded by MGRO or the Faculty
Recipients of a scholarship will need to maintain satisfactory progress as part of the condition of the scholarship.
For more information on the centrally administered scholarships and top-ups available to HDR students, see Find a Scholarship
Pro-rata and paid according to Monash’s staff pay cycle. Affected by:
- Leave of Absence/Intermission
- Scholarship Extension
Tuition Fee scholarships
For international students only. Covers tuition for up to 3 years 6 months, and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). OSHC:
- Can change levels of cover if provided proof and evidence, such as dependent identification documents.
- Must be with Allianz. Cannot be with other OSHC providers.
While our office administers the arrangement of OSHC cover, specific details of the OSHC cover - such as claims, personal details, arranging for Certificate of Insurance, should be directed to Allianz.
Please refer to the RTP Scholarship Procedures for more information
- For doctoral students who commenced a scholarship on or before 31 December 2017, the maximum extension that can be applied for is six months equivalent full-time. In such cases, a student will be granted three months equivalent full-time in the first instance, and if required, must separately apply for the second three months equivalent full-time.
- For doctoral students who commenced their scholarship on or after 1 January 2018, the maximum extension that can be applied for is three months equivalent full-time.
- Students are to apply for an extension of their scholarship via a scholarship extension form on Student Dashboard if they are on an RTP stipend, MGS or Centrally funded scholarship. If their scholarship is not centrally funded, they will need to email an extension request to MADA-PostGrad@monash.edu.
- An extension will only be approved where research has been delayed by circumstances beyond the student’s control, in accordance with section 8 of the Graduate Research Progress Management Procedures.
- There are no provisions for scholarship extensions for students undertaking a research master’s degree