Panel Discussion: MADA / Queer
Join us for a lively panel discussion which explores LGBTIQ experiences, perspectives, and inclusion in the disciplines of Art, Design & Architecture, and in the Faculty of MADA at Monash. The panel includes MADA students, academics, professional staff and researchers. We will explore what we are doing already, and what we could do in the future, to be more inclusive of our LGBTIQ people, and to celebrate diversity more broadly.
- Professor Naomi is Professor of Architecture in the Department of Architecture at Monash, and a member of the Monash Ally program.
- Allí Edwards spends her days designing, facilitating, workshopping, and playing. Alli has a masters degree in interdisciplinary design and is a researcher in the MADA XYX Lab.
- Marcus Shanahan is a fourth year architecture student who aims to design architecture which creates surreal, self referential spaces which prompt seemingly polemic discussion.
- Luca Lana has Instructed Design Studios at Melbourne University, RMIT, Monash University and the Melbourne Polytechnic where his work and research is driven by social theory and its intersection with art, urban and architectural practice.
- Darius Le is a sessional Design Tutor in the Bachelor of Interior Architecture. She is located on the fringes of a critical architectural practice and is currently conducting independent research on the Melbourne Olympics.
- Anita Blom is the MADA Inclusion and Wellbeing Advisor. She is an accredited MHFA Mental Health First Aider, a Monash Mental Health Ambassador and a LGBTIQ Ally.
Monash Inclusion and Diversity
Monash Art, Design and Architecture