Pathways to research

If you do not meet the eligibility requirements for a research degree, there are alternative pathways you could take.

*Special circumstances: Monash Art, Design and Architecture may consider a case for equivalence to H1, H2A or H2B Honours program based on an applicant’s combined qualifications and experience.

Masters by coursework

These courses include elective units that can be undertaken as a pathway to PhD:

Masters by research

These are research degrees and can be undertaken as a pathway to PhD:

For detailed descriptions of each course, entry requirements and pathway information, please see the Monash University Handbook.

Please refer to the How to apply page for details on the application requirements and process.

For further information, please contact