Call for Tutors + Studio Leaders now open for Semester 2 2022
The Department of Architecture is an internationally networked community of practitioners, educators and researchers engaged in expanding architectural, urban and planning practice. Embedded in Monash Art, Design and Architecture (MADA), and part of a global, research intensive University, external impact is core to our mission. Through practice-based teaching and research, we collaborate across diverse disciplines to solve emerging social and environmental challenges at local, regional and global scales in partnership with government, industry, and communities.
Our research and teaching is supported by an outstanding campus with workshop facilities that enable the making and testing of multi-scalar prototypes via contemporary digital and analogue fabrication.
For Semester 2 2022 (primary teaching period 25 July to 21 October) we have a number of open positions for sessionals across a range of subject areas. If you are interested please take a look at this document.
If you have any questions please contact the Unit Coordinator listed on each separate call.
If you have broader questions around the courses of study and the programme, please contact the relevant Course Coordinator.
Deadline for the expression of interest is 10am Monday 30 May
WHY TEACH ARCHITECTURE AT MONASH?
- We are known for our commitment to high quality education – we care about our students, and about teaching them to be skilled, responsible architects.
- We offer a rich teaching environment – we support our sessional staff, and help them to fulfil their own interests and objectives.
- We work together – we are a highly collegial and collaborative group, across both permanent and sessional staff.
- We offer mentoring opportunities – we want you to fulfil your potential.
- We provide opportunities for professional development in both teaching and research. We offer practical and intellectual support – in developing your syllabus, your strategies for engaging students, and your teaching practice more broadly.
- We offer a high degree of creative license – we encourage experimental and innovative approaches to education.
- We want to build and strengthen connections between professional and academic contexts – you can help us do that. We have excellent and diverse workshop facilities you can incorporate into your studios.
ABOUT THE MONASH ARCHITECTURE PROGRAM
Applicants are free to apply to multiple calls and positions.
Applicants must have a valid visa enabling employment in Australia.
Applicants may be required to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Candidates will only be contacted by the relevant chief examiner prior to the commencement of the semester, should teaching positions arise in their areas of interest and expertise where there is an appropriate match of their skill base, disciplinary background, and availability. Registering means that you are interested and available for sessional work, but does not mean that you are employed.