More accessible railway stations
Examining how design can help public transport companies address disability access compliance for a more equitable and accessible rail network.
- Associate Professor Selby Coxon
- Catherine Murphy Monash Art, Design and Architecture
- Professor Ravi Ravitharan
- Associate Professor Jennie Oxley
- Rob Lambert Monash University
- Robyn Philips
- Dr Vince Moug Griffith University
- Australasian Rail Association (ARA)
Disability in the transport network can come in many forms, not just impairment of the senses or use of a wheelchair, but carrying luggage supervising children, temporary and permanent challenges to accessing transport.
In partnership with the Monash Institute of Rail Technology, Faculty of Arts, Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC) and Monash Art, Design and Architecture’s Urban Lab this project examines a raft of strategies to enable transport operating companies to meet their Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport (DSAPT) legislation requirements for accessible rail tram and bus infrastructure.