Never Waste a Good Crisis
Apply the agency of architecture to address the climate emergency in the suburbs
“Never let a good crisis go to waste” – Winston Churchill
Review the latest climate change scenarios:
identifying future climates that can potentially impact the daily life of people in Melbourne, and more specifically the City of Boroondara.
Assess the sustainability of building types using bio-climatic and life-cycle analysis techniques to determine how fit for future climates Boroondara's building stock is and develop priorities for design intervention.
'Pitch' your Climate Emergency solutions in and Ideas competition to the City of Boroondara.
Apply sustainable design to enable
- Climate change mitigation, adaptation, resilience, resource consumption and waste
- Designing to enable circular-economy, sharing economy and upcycling.
- Human rights and legal implications of climate change
- Best-practices and emerging approaches to sustainable building design - developing new ways of implementing climate action plan priorities,
- Proposing changes to building and planning controls so that they respond to the climate crisis.
- The City of BOROONDARA
- The Global Buildings Performance Network