Teaching and learning
Inter-disciplinary Indigenous Health Curriculum Committee
An action research project supported by a FMNHS Teaching and Learning Grant established and developed this committee in 2014.
The committee membership is made up of discipline representatives from across the faculty including: nursing and midwifery, medicine, psychology, physiotherapy, pharmacy, radiography, paramedics, occupational therapy, health sciences, biomedical sciences, nutrition and dietetics and social work.
Meeting monthly the Committee aims to:
- Collaboratively develop and embed Indigenous health curriculum across courses using the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Curriculum Framework
- Build capacity of Educators to teach Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health content
- Evaluate and research Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health teaching and learning
- Connect with the FMNHS Teaching and Learning Committee
The work of the committee is ongoing with new initiatives and FMNHS champions in Indigenous health are welcome.
Resources available for FMNHS Educators:
- Online portal to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health teaching and learning tools.
- Annual Educator Capacity Building Workshop in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health teaching and learning.
- Online professional development in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health teaching and learning
- Online and face to face Indigenous Cultural Safety Training.
For further information please contact Petah Atkinson email@example.com