Holding a reunion
Are you planning to organise a reunion?
Our Alumni Relations team is happy to support you through this process.
We can provide a reunion organising committee with professional advice and guidance to make the process of organising your reunion easier.
What we can offer:
- Recommend and suggest venues, entertainment, accommodation, caterers etc.
- Organise guest speakers (if required) from within the faculty/university.
- Organise tours of the medical school at Clayton.
- Gather cohort names and contact details to assist with sending out invitations on your behalf (though please note we are bound by privacy laws which prevent us from disclosing alumni information to the organising committee).
- Create and distribute reunion invitations on your behalf.
- Offer advice on ticketing options.
You will need to:
- Have a formed organising committee.
- Allow for a minimum of eight months planning time.
- Allow for an opportunity to promote the work of the Monash University Medical Foundation which supports students in need and medical research.
We also request your support with:
- Sharing attendance lists with us after a reunion event. This will assist us to better communicate with your cohort for future reunions.
- The collection of alumni profiles and sharing your professional successes and achievements with us.
- Being ambassadors for the Faculty.
For full details and to discuss your next reunion, please contact the alumni team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2008 Physiotherapy 10 Year Reunion
Date: Saturday 7 July 2018
Time: 4pm onwards
Venue: Marquis of Lorne, Fitzroy (rooftop)
RSVP and Enquiries: Jessica Fargher (email@example.com)
1988 MBBS 30 Year Reunion
Date: Saturday 22nd September 2018
Time: 2.00-6.00pm (choose one or both of the tours below):
2pm – 3pm: Tour of the Halls of Residence (Meet outside Robert Blackwood Hall on Scenic Boulevard)
3:15pm: Convene outside the Robert Blackwood Hall on Scenic Boulevard
3:30pm: Tour of the Human Anatomical Sciences Learning Resource Centre
4:30pm – 6pm: Explore the Clayton campus with your fellow former classmates
Location: Monash University, Clayton Campus (see Clayton Campus map)
Cost: No charge for the afternoon. Food and drinks are available to purchase from the union building,
RSVP and Enquiries: Alison Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please register with Alison for one or both of the above tour options.
Please include in the email subject line your name and times of the tours you would like to attend.
Please include in the body of the email any additional guests.
Reunion information: Join us for an afternoon reunion at Monash Clayton Campus on Saturday 22 September 2018. This will be a chance to catch up with old classmates and visit your old medical school prior to its planned demolition in 2019. We'll be offering tours of the School of Medicine’s Human Anatomical Sciences Learning Resource Centre and the Halls of Residence too. You can wander over to the Union building and see all the 'new' buildings which have been built since your time at Monash.
1978 MBBS 40 Year Reunion
Date: Saturday 27 October 2018
Time: TBC (sit down dinner)
Location: Melbourne Museum
Enquiries: Kate Strasser (email@example.com), Sally Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Mary Lou Leach (email@example.com)
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the 1978 MBBS graduation we are planning 'A Night at the Museum', including a sit down dinner at the Melbourne Museum, on Saturday 27th October, 2018.
Invitations and further details will be released in July 2018.
1968 MBBS 50 Year Reunion
The MBBS 1968 50 year reunion is currently being organised with further details to come out soon.
Date: Friday 9 November 2018
Enquiries: Please contact Garry Gill for further information.