Holding a reunion
Are you planning to organise a reunion?
Our Alumni Relations team is happy to support you through this process.
We can provide a reunion organising committee with professional advice and guidance to make the process of organising your reunion easier.
What we can offer:
- Recommend and suggest venues, entertainment, accommodation, caterers etc.
- Organise guest speakers (if required) from within the faculty/university.
- Organise tours of the medical school at Clayton.
- Gather cohort names and contact details to assist with sending out invitations on your behalf (though please note we are bound by privacy laws which prevent us from disclosing alumni information to the organising committee).
- Create and distribute reunion invitations on your behalf.
- Offer advice on ticketing options.
You will need to:
- Have a formed organising committee.
- Allow for a minimum of eight months planning time.
- Allow for an opportunity to promote the work of the Monash University Medical Foundation which supports students in need and medical research.
We also request your support with:
- Sharing attendance lists with us after a reunion event. This will assist us to better communicate with your cohort for future reunions.
- The collection of alumni profiles and sharing your professional successes and achievements with us.
- Being ambassadors for the Faculty.
For full details and to discuss your next reunion, please contact the alumni team by email: email@example.com
1988 MBBS 30 Year Reunion
Please note the revised meeting place - the foyer of the Learning and Teaching Building, 19 Ancora Imparo Way, Monash University, Clayton.
Date: Saturday 22nd September 2018
Time: 2.00-6.00pm (choose one or both of the tours below):
2pm – 3pm: Tour of the Halls of Residence (Meet in the foyer of the Learning and Teaching Building, 19 Ancora Imparo Way, Monash University, Clayton)
3:15pm: Return to the foyer of the Learning and Teaching Building, 19 Ancora Imparo Way
3:30pm: Tour of the Human Anatomical Sciences Learning Resource Centre (collection from the foyer of 19 Ancora Imparo Way)
4:30pm – 6pm: Explore the Clayton campus with your fellow former classmates
Location: Monash University, Clayton Campus (see Clayton Campus map)
Cost: No charge for the afternoon. Food and drinks are available to purchase from the union building,
RSVP and Enquiries: Alison Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please register with Alison for one or both of the above tour options.
Please include in the email subject line your name and times of the tours you would like to attend.
Please include in the body of the email any additional guests.
Reunion information: Join us for an afternoon reunion at Monash Clayton Campus on Saturday 22 September 2018. This will be a chance to catch up with old classmates and visit your old medical school prior to its planned demolition in 2019. We'll be offering tours of the School of Medicine’s Human Anatomical Sciences Learning Resource Centre and the Halls of Residence too. You can wander over to the Union building and see all the 'new' buildings which have been built since your time at Monash.
1978 MBBS 40 Year Reunion
A night at the Museum
Please view invitation here.
Date: Saturday 27 October 2018
Time: 7:00pm - 11:00pm (sit down dinner)
Location: Melbourne Museum, 11 Nicholson St, Carlton, VIC 3053
Cost: $195 per person. Partners are welcome.
RSVP: Here before Friday 12 October 2018.
Enquiries: Kate Strasser (email@example.com), Sally Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Mary Lou Leach (email@example.com)
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the 1978 MBBS graduation we are planning 'A Night at the Museum', including a sit down dinner at the Melbourne Museum, on Saturday 27th October, 2018.
1968 MBBS 50 Year Reunion
It has been 50 years since we graduated from Monash University and to celebrate this significant milestone we are holding a reunion on Friday 9 November 2018.
This will provide a special opportunity to revisit our medical school at Monash University, reminisce and reconnect with each other.
The reunion will include all those who graduated with us as well as those who commenced with us in 1963 and graduated separately.
DATE: Friday 9 November 2018
Day: 12:00pm - 4:00pm Monash Clayton Campus (lunch and tour)
Evening: 7:00pm - 11:00pm Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club (3 course dinner)
Day: Monash University Clayton Campus. For car parking options on campus, there is paid ticketed parking available. Please refer to the Clayton campus map and check the signs on the day.
Evening: Kooyong Tennis Club, 489 Glenferrie Road, Kooyong
Option 1 – Monash University Clayton only = $35 per person
Option 2 – Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club only = $150 per person
Option 3 – Monash University Clayton AND Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club = $185 per graduate
Option 4 – Monash University Clayton (graduate) AND Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club (graduate plus partner/spouse) = $335 total
Please register here AND make your payment via EFT (instructions below), by Friday 12 October 2018.
Please make an electronic funds transfer to the following bank account:
Account Name: Doug Brown
BSB – 313140
Account Number - 12165231
Please include in the transaction description “[Your name] Reunion”
- 12.00pm – Arrival at the Monash Club, 32 Exhibition Walk, Clayton Campus
- 12.30pm – 2.30pm - Lunch at the Monash Club
- 3.00pm – 4.00pm - A tour of the School of Medicine’s Human Anatomical Sciences Learning Resource Centre at the Clayton Campus, prior to its planned demolition in 2019, and a tour of the current facilities and teaching materials, so different from our time.
- Dinner at the Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club, 489 Glenferrie Road, Kooyong
- Drinks and canapes on arrival followed by a 3 course meal, drinks included.
- Parking is available opposite the Club around and behind the Vision Australia building on Glenferrie Road, Kooyong.
- Dress code: Smart Casual
Please also send a high resolution photo (headshot) and include your full name in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1973 Monash Medical Graduates 45 Year Reunion
Date: Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 November 2018
Enquiries: Peter Radford (email@example.com)
Main Reunion Dinner:
Date: Saturday 17 November, 2018
Venue: Waterfront Restaurant, Novotel Geelong, 10-14 Eastern Beach Road, Geelong
Cost: Set menu for $70 per person
RSVP: Please book directly with the restaurant on 03 5223 1377. Tables of 4-6. Please mention that you are with the reunion group.
Enquiries: Peter Radford
We also invite you to stay in Geelong for the weekend (particularly those who plan to come from interstate) and join us for these additional activities:
Sunday Lunch Details:
Sunday Dinner Details:
Please advise Peter Radford of the names of attendees, including spouses/partners, for name tags.