Central Clinical School Public events
Central Clinical School public events
The Central Clinical School hosts events for the community to discover more about the world-class research and education taking place within the School.
- 26 Apr: The Australian Revolution in Prostate Cancer Diagnosis - Public Lecture by A/Prof Jeremy Grummet
- 26 Jul: Thyroid cancer: towards a better paradigm - Public Lecture by Mr James Lee
- 30 Aug: Neuroscience launch
- 18 Oct: Central Clinical School Public Lecture: Professor Wendy Brown
- 7-9 Nov: Monash University 4th Translational Research Symposium.
- 1 Dec: D.S. Rosengarten Surgical Trainee Research Prize.
- 2 Nov: The forgotten male cancers - Public Lecture by Professor T. Clark Gamblin
- 19 Oct: Central Clinical School public lecture: Professor Mark Cooper speaking on diabetes and its complications.
- 31 Jul: Monash University Translational Research Symposium.
- 12 Oct: Central Clinical School annual public lecture: "Innovative systems for improving trauma injury treatment" by Prof Mark Fitzgerald.
- 18 Nov: CCS Graduate Research symposium.
- 9 Oct: Central Clinical School annual public lecture: "Women's Mental Health: It's getting tougher" by Prof Jayashri Kulkarni.
- 30 Sep: CCS Translational Research Symposium - From bench to bedside, from basic to applied, from understanding how something works to making things to fix it when it goes wrong.
- 24 Nov: Immunology/Burnet symposium: Dendritic Cells, Interferon and Vaccines featuring two international speakers.
- 19 Nov: CCS Postgraduate Symposium, an annual event to showcase CCS young researcher talent.
- 5 Nov: 2014 MCDB7 Symposium, featuring cutting edge cell and developmental biology research taking place in Melbourne. Hosted by CCS.
- 10 July: Public lecture given by Professor Jenny Hoy, "Challenges of living well with HIV: Where to from here?". Professor Hoy is Professor-Director of HIV Medicine at the Alfred Hospital and Department of Infectious Diseases.
- 20 November: CCS Postgraduate symposium, being given by CCS postgraduate students, and also featuring a "No-Bell Prize" competition for supervisors & lab heads
- 30 October: Public lecture given by Professor Peter Gibson, "Beating the bloat: wheat intolerance, FODMAPs and gluten". Professor Gibson is Head of Department of Gastroenterology. Video link. See more about FODMAPs.
- 4 October: Department of Immunology Symposium: 50 Years Past & Future to celebrate 50 years of scientific achievements from the Department's inception and outstanding immunology research scientists.
- 1 October: Monash Alfred Psychiatry research centre launch with the Governor General, Ms Quentin Bryce
- 26 April: Professor Hatem Salem AM Festschrift. Professor Salem was Director of the Australian Centre for Blood Diseases and retired at the end of 2012. The Festschrift was given in his honour.
- 5 December: Public Lecture given by Professor Robyn O'Hehir, "Allergy & Anaphylaxis: the facts and your questions answered". Professor O'Hehir is Head of Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory medicine (AIRmed).