Respiratory Immunology Laboratory - Marsland
Professor Benjamin Marsland leads the Respiratory Immunology laboratory, where the main focus of research revolves around the microbiome in the gut, lung and skin and how it can influence respiratory diseases. In particular, his laboratory studies host-microbe interactions within the context of allergy, asthma and lung transplantation.
2018 Marsland group: Dr Anh Thu Dang, Dr Christina Begka, Dr Celine Patteroni, Ms Carmel Daunt, Prof Ben Marsland
- Clinical implications of trans-kingdom microbial interactions in the transplanted lung. NHMRC Project 2018-2020.
- Pulmonary epithelial barrier and immunological functions at birth and in early life - key determinants of the development of asthma. Wellcome Trust 2017-2019.
Research Projects for Students
- Clinical implications of trans-kingdom microbial interactions in the transplanted lung.
- Implications of antibody repertoires for microbiome composition and susceptibility to asthma.
- Targeting fungal and bacterial cross-talk for the prevention of asthma.
See Pubmed search, Marsland BJ [author]