Research studies and clinical trials
The Department of Infectious Diseases is closely affiliated with Alfred Hospital Infectious Diseases Clinical Research Unit (CRU).
The CRU is involved in testing the efficacy and safety of new or novel drug treatments and observational studies that contribute to evidence synthesis for decision making in healthcare.
Research themes include:
- New or novel treatments for HIV
- HIV Observational studies
- HIV/Hepatitis co-infections
- New treatments and surveillance for Influenza
- Other related infectious diseases
For a full list of studies currently recruiting participants, please visit the CRU Alfred Hospital website.