Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
The aim of the one day Advanced Course is to provide experienced surgeons with information on new techniques, prevention and treatment of complications and management of the challenging patient.
Target: The Advanced Course is best suited to surgeons with experience in laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB).
Prerequisites: Completion of the Basic Course and clinical experience with LAGB procedures.
- An update of new information in gastric banding
- Understanding how the gastric banding procedure works
- Technical aspects of managing complications including:
‐ The specturm of oesophageal and gastric enlargements above the band
- Technical aspects of gastric band placement including:
‐ Operating techniques
- Technical Challenges
- Presentations, panel discussions, case studies and audience interaction
- Other complications
- Patient Management
What is included?
- Comprehensive training kit
- DVDs showing all aspects of the surgical technique
- CDs containing extensive data and research reports
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
RACS Continuing Professional Development points: 1 point per hour in Category 4: Maintenance of Clinical Knowledge and Skills.
Registration: To register, please download the registration form.
For further information and to register, please contact:
Phone: +61 3 9903 0725
Fax: +61 3 9903 0717