Basic Course in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
The Basic Course in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding is a two day course, which aims to provide the laparoscopically skilled surgeon with the knowledge and resources needed to establish a safe bariatric practice utilising the Lap-Band® procedure as the primary approach.
Target: General surgeons or surgeons with a special interest in upper gastrointestinal or endocrine surgery.
Prerequisites: No previous experience in bariatric surgery required. Competence at laparoscopic upper abdominal surgery is required.
- Overview of the problems of obesity;
- Options for treatment;
- Patient assessment;
- Patient education;
- Details of surgical techniques;
- Live operative demonstrations;
- Perioperative care;
- Follow-up care;
- Use of adjustments;
- Complication - identification and management; and
- Optimal practice management.
What is included?
- Comprehensive training kits;
- DVDs showing all aspects of the surgical technique follow-up and adjustment techniques, data management, and identification and management of complications;
- CD-ROMs containing extensive text and research reports giving comprehensive access to literature on obesity, management options, published and unpublished data on LAGB;
- Patient Information Book.
Upon completion of the Basic Course, participants will be eligible to undertake the Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding.
RACS Continuing Professional Development points: One point per hour in Category 4: Maintenance of Clinical Knowledge and Skills.
Venue: The Avenue Hospital, 40 The Avenue, Windsor Vic 3181
Registration: To register, please download the registration form.
For further information and to register please contact:
Phone: +61 3 9903 0725
Fax: +61 3 9903 0717