The Cabrini Monash University Department of Surgery remains committed to clinical research. Investigation of bowel disorders is of high priority and the department is currently involved in a number of research projects which are likely to produce useful results that could conceivably help to reduce the incidence of serious bowel disease.
Current research projects:
- Cabrini Monash Colorectal Cancer Registry PJ McMurrick, SW Bell, P Carne, S Woods, AL Polglase, KCR Farmer. Click here to view the project website (requires Monash Authcate access).
- Colorectal surgery training: An assessment of “Component Training”. SW Bell
- Multicentre randomized controlled trial of laparoscopic suture vs. mesh repair of large hiatus hernia.S Woods, J Chong
- Mechanisms of metastases in colorectal cancer. L Lipton, AL Polglase, PJ McMurrick, O Sieber, G Richardson, I Haines, J Shapiro, P Gibbs P Carne, W Downey, SW Bell, KCR Farmer.
- Parastomal hernias: use of biologic mesh repair. EJ Andrews, P Carne, F Frizzelle
- Novel biomarkers in colorectal cancer. PJ McMurrick, EJ Andrews
- Primary human xenografting of colorectal cancer. PJ McMurrick, EJ Andrews, N Watkins