Quality Supervision Course
This course will involve two key components (i) two workshops and (ii) an assessment component which encourages deeper learning and reflection in supervisory practice over time.
- Workshops only
- $500 per person for both workshops, see dates below
- $1900 per organisation rate for maximum 40 participants, contact us for scheduling and payment options
- Both the workshops and assessment component
- $2400 per person
- Assessment component only (if you have already completed an equivalent supervision course)
|9 August 2021 – 17 December 2021|
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment components you can apply for 6 credit points of credit for the Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education or the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Simulation.
Supervision workshop details
Workshop length - half day (full day for both workshops)
- Introduction to supervision and feedback will explore supervision across relevant contexts, the benefits and challenges for different supervision models, key principles relevant to supervision, effective feedback and ways to evaluate supervision in your context.
- Supervising challenging learners will explore the concept of ‘fitness for practice’, factors contributing to learners’ performance, managing challenging learners, strategies for providing feedback for and supporting challenging learners
Workshop dates afternoons of the 9th and 16th August 2021
After participation in the workshops above (or equivalent*), participants will complete the assessment which includes (i) a reflection on the workshops, (ii) reflective weekly diaries over 10 weeks with peer feedback and (iii) an analytic paper
- Discount available for Monash Partners who supervise Monash University students (evidence required) contact us for a discount code
*equivalence for workshop content may be granted for participants who have engaged in supervision training or similar workshops if proof of participation can be provided.
Testimonials from past participants
"What I found most useful about this course was the workshop component and the longitudinal audio diaries! I was able to be more reflective and the feedback mechanism is just amazing. Having applied the concepts I have learnt has definitely improved my supervision skills and confidence!"
Jose Ortega, Clinical Support Nurse, The Alfred
I thoroughly enjoyed the quality supervision course and would highly recommend it to anyone in health professionals education. The course provided great foundations and resources to heighten my supervision skills to be of most benefit to the learner. The weekly diaries were crucial in promoting self reflection and provided an opportunity to capture my portfolio of supervision experiences. By far the most invaluable part of the course and most significant learning experiences was from the weekly peer feedback.Chantal Grimwood, Physiotherapist, Alfred Health