2018 Dean’s Awards for Excellence
Monash Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences celebrated outstanding staff performance at the Dean’s Awards for Excellence earlier this month.
Nominations were received in a number of categories, including excellence in Research, Education, Diversity and Inclusion, Safety and Administration. Special commendation to all award participants on the high standard of the applications submitted.
Awards were officially presented by Professor Christina Mitchell, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, at the Faculty Executive meeting on Monday 13 August 2018.
Congratulations to all award recipients.
Exceptional Performance by Professional Staff:
Ms Peggy Swindle, Gukwonderuk Unit
Excellence in Safety:
Ms Dorota Ferens, Department of Pharmacology
Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion:
NUR1013 Teaching team: Ms Cath Wilson, Professor Karen Adams, Ms Petah Atkinson, Ms Heather Buttigieg, Ms Amy Corlass and Dr Liesl Heinrich; School of Nursing and Midwifery.
Excellence in Education (Teaching Excellence):
- Ms Janeane Dart, Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food
- Dr Barbara Kemp-Harper and Associate Professor Elizabeth Davis, Department of Pharmacology
Excellence in Education (Programs that Enhance Learning):
- Ms Libby Callaway, Department of Occupational Therapy
- Professor Marilyn Baird, Dr Kirsten Schliephake, Dr Liesl Heinrich and Dr Allie Ford, Department of Imaging and Radiation Sciences and Office of Deputy Dean (Education)
Excellence in Education (Honours Supervision):
Professor John Bertram, Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology
Excellence in Education (Postgraduate Coursework Teaching):
Dr Samone McCurdy, Department of Social Work
Excellence in Research (Early Career):
Dr Cylie Williams, Department of Physiotherapy
Excellence in Research Impact (Economic and Social Impact):
Dr Jayamini Illesinghe and Ms Marina Skiba, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Excellence in Research (Enterprise):
- Professor Eric Morand, School of Clinical Sciences
- Dr Hannah Kirk and Profressor Kim Cornish, School of Psychological Sciences
Excellence in Research (Postgraduate Research Supervision):
Professor Jane Black, Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology
Doctoral Thesis Excellence 2017
Dr Jac Kee Low, School of Nursing and Midwifery