Breakthrough COVID-19 test can detect virus in 20 minutes
In a world-first research by Monash University in Australia has been able to detect positive COVID-19 cases using blood samples in about 20 minutes, and identify whether someone has contracted the virus. Monash Engineering researchers collaborated with clinicians at Monash Health to collect blood samples from people recently infected with COVID-19, as well as samples from healthy individuals sourced before the pandemic emerged. Read the full article here.
- Erica Wood (Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University and Monash Health)
- Zoe McQuilten (Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University and Monash Health)
- Maryza Graham (Clinical Sciences, Monash University, Monash Infectious Diseases, Monash Health)
- Megan Wieringa (Clinical Sciences, Monash University and Monash Health)
- Tony Korman (Clinical Sciences, Centre for Inflammatory Diseases, Monash University and Monash Health)