Skip to Content

Want to study medicine at Monash?

Here’s how to boost your chances of a place in medicine when you apply for graduate entry.

Are you eligible?

Even if you applied for a SEAS adjustment for your current course, you’re still eligible to apply for the Dean’s Rural List for the MD. These are the criteria you need to meet.

Since you were born, you need to have spent at least five consecutive years or ten years all up, living in an area classified as RA2-5.

What does that mean? It’s the Australian Standard Geographic Classification – Remoteness Areas you can check how your previous (or current) address is classified on the Doctor Connect website. If you lived in Hobart or Darwin, check your address too: you could be eligible. See the Dean's Rural List web page which has details about the scheme and a link to Doctor Connect.