Fundamentals in Obstetric Care II
Fundamentals in Obstetric Care II:
Labour and birth
This course is designed for Obstetric registrars, GP-Obstetricians, Midwives and Hospital Medical Officers interested in Obstetrics.
This workshop includes presentations by world-renowned clinicians and scientists. It will enhance your understanding of normal birth and its common complications:
- Physiology of labour
- Spontaneous labour and induction of labour
- Preterm birth and preterm premature rupture of the membranes (PPROM)
- Respiratory and circulatory transition at birth
- Timing of cord clamping & initiation of respiratory support
- Instrumental vaginal birth and VBAC
- Severe perineal trauma
There will also be opportunities to bring case-studies for further discussion.
We are also offering the following optional hands-on activities (with very limited places):
- Breech birth
- Shoulder dystocia
- Instrumental vaginal birth
1) These optional activities are the same as the ones offered in the Fundamentals in Obstetric Care I.
2) The Fundamentals in Obstetric Care I is not a prerequisite for this course.
- Early bird Monash Health and Monash University staff: $200
- Early bird external staff: $250
- Normal rate: $350
Optional hands-on activities:
- Early bird Monash Health and Monash University staff: $120
- Early bird external staff: $160
- Normal rate: $200
Please note: Early-bird ends on 18th Aug 2019.
- Prof Euan Wallace – Head, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash University
- Prof Stuart Hooper – Head, The Ritchie Centre, Hudson Institute of Medical Research
- A/Prof Ryan Hodges – Director, Women' & Newborn Program Monash Health & Director of Maternity Services Monash Health, O&G Consultant, MFM Specialist
- A/Prof Graeme Polglase – Leader, Perinatal transition group, The Ritchie Centre, Hudson Institute of Medical Research
- Dr John Regan – O&G Consultant, Monash Health
- Dr Kirsten Palmer – O&G Consultant, Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist, Monash Health
- Dr Ravi Kashyap – O&G Consultant, Monash Health