Monash Psychiatry Short Courses' Steering Committee and Module Convenors
This page has information on:
- Prof David Kissane, Head, Department of Psychiatry, School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health, Monash University
- Prof Jayashri Kulkarni, Director, Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre (MAPrc)
Program Medical Directors
- Prof David Clarke, Program Medical Director, MHP, Monash Health
- A/Prof Simon Stafrace, Program Director of Psychiatry, Alfred Health
- A/Prof Sean Jespersen, Clinical Director – MHP, Alcohol and Drugs, Peninsula Health
- A/Prof Paul Katz, Executive Clinical Director, MHP, Eastern Health
- A/Prof Rob Selzer, Director of Clinical Teaching, MBBS, Monash Education Directorate
- Dr Kym Jenkins, Medical Director of the Victorian Doctors’ Health Program, Board Member RANZCP
- Dr Natasha Williams, Coordinator Postgraduate Training (Psychiatry), MHP, Eastern Health
- Dr Lucinda Smith, Co-Clinical Director, Raphael Centre Berwick; Psychiatry Training Director, Peninsula Health
- Dr James Nahamkes, Director of Training, Southern Region Victoria, RANZCP
- A/Prof Steve Ellen, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, Alfred Health
- Secretarial and admin support: Heather Thiessens, Andrea Peres, Lisa Gallo
- Moodle support: George Kotsanas, FMNHS, Monash University
- Marketing & Business Development: Dr Jason Smythe
- Budget support: Dr Eugene Fredericks, Manager SCS at Monash Health, Monash University
Terms of Reference
- The Steering Committee will be jointly co-chaired by the Heads of the Monash University Department of Psychiatry and the Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre.
- The Steering Committee will be comprised of representatives of key collaborating partners: Monash University, Monash Health, Alfred Health, Eastern Health and Peninsula Health.
- The Steering Committee will ensure that a unified program of education is delivered by these collaborating institutions.
- The Steering Committee will oversight the development and delivery of a comprehensive curriculum that will firstly meet the training requirements of accredited psychiatry trainees, and secondly, will ensure that the short course program is of benefit to overseas medical graduates, general practitioners, psychologists, nurses, social workers and other allied health practitioners.
- The Steering Committee will ensure an equitable and reasonable distribution of responsibility for modules among the collaborative partners, but also relative to skill bases and expertise.
- The Steering Committee will oversight the effective delivery of these modules.
- The Steering Committee will oversight the distribution of income proportional to the institutional home of the primary provider for any module.
|Mod num||Primary convenor||Title||Associated educators|
|1||Kym Jenkins||Interviewing, Asessment & Formulation||Paul Ng, Lucinda Smith, Sylvia Anthony, Anthony Cidoni|
|2||David Kissane||Introduction to Psychotherapy||Lynette Chazen, Sathya Rao, Tanya Stavovy, Phillip Roy, Paul Foulkes, Julian Hughes, Denis O’Loughlin, David Kruse|
|3||Paul Fitzgerald||Basic neurosciences||Suresh Sundram|
|4||Nicholas Keks||Basic psychopharmacology & biological treatments||Judy Hope, Suresh Sundram, Chris Plakiotis, Christine Culhane, David Clarke, Andras Perenyi, Krishna Vaddadi|
|5||Jayashri Kulkarni||The psychotic disorders||Anthony Cidoni|
|6||Paul Fitzgerald||Mood & related disorders||David Clarke|
|7||Phyllis Chua||Anxiety, stress & related disorders||Fintan Harte, Anthony Cidoni, Ashu Gandhi, Renee Richards, James Le Bas|
|8||David Jacka||Substance and Related Use Disorders||Chris Plakiotis, David Clarke, Chia Huang, Sathya Rao,
|9||Rob Selzer||Social & cultural psychiatry||Steve Ellen, Simon Stafrace, Sean Jesperson, Mark Oakley-Browne|