The DEx Study
This study is currently not recruiting participants.
This trial will investigate the effects of vitamin D in combination with exercise versus a placebo on bone, muscle and cardiovascular health.
Benefits to you:
- A personalised exercise program with experienced trainers
- A health check, including:
- Blood sugar levels
- Vitamin D levels
- Whole body composition DXA scan
- All results are given to you at the end of each assessment and forwarded to your doctor
- Travel costs reimbursed
- Breakfast provided at appointments
Plus an opportunity to meet new people and contribute to important research at Monash University!
- 3 x 3 hour appointments at MHTP Translational Research Facility, involving:
- Blood tests
- Physical function testing
- Bone and muscle Imaging
- Cardiovascular health assessment
- 12 weeks of oral vitamin D or placebo, taken once a day
- 12 weeks of exercise intervention
- 3 x 75-minute exercise sessions per week
- 1 in clinic with us, 2 at home (instruction manual with photo demonstrations provided)
You may be eligible if you are:
- Aged 50-80 years
- Have a BMI of 25-40
- Have low vitamin D levels (we will check this for you)
- Able to walk 400m unassisted
For further enquiries please contact email@example.com.