The InvestiGAIT Study
This study is currently not recruiting participants.
This trial aims to determine the efficacy of a new treatment on patient physical function, skeletal muscle mass and strength in older adults with sarcopenia
Benefits to you
- Free exercise program, vitamin D and protein supplementation
- Health check-up including blood tests, bone density and body composition assessment
- Reimbursement for travel may also be available.
This study will last up to 28 weeks and is being conducted by Professor Peter R Ebeling AO at Monash Health. During this time, you would receive a new investigational medication or placebo (dummy treatment) every four weeks for a 6-month period. If you meet the study criteria you will need to attend a study clinic 11 - 13 times so that we can monitor your health and see how you’re responding to the study medication.
- Are you 70 years of age or older?
- Are you having difficulty walking, rising from a chair or climbing stairs?
This may be due to a condition called sarcopenia (i.e., age related weakness) and you may be eligible for a research study evaluating a new medicine to treat this condition.
For further enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org