Early Career Researchers
About Early Career Researchers at the School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health
Early Career Researchers (ECRs) are scientists with less than 10 years' experience post-PhD. At the School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health, ECRs enjoy a focused support network. We recognise that ECRs are pivotal to our research capacity; bringing expertise, enthusiasm and professionalism to our school.
The ECR community at SCS includes scientists and clinician-scientists in research and dual research/teaching positions. We have ECRs across our departments supervising Honours and PhD students, applying for funding and undertaking ground-breaking medical research projects.
We offer mentoring programs, professional development and social events to help keep ECRs on-track as they progress in their research and teaching career.
About our mentoring program
We provide an annual mentoring program to ECRs, pairing mentees with an appropriate senior academic for confidential advice and career planning. Throughout the year the mentee will organise several meetings with their mentor to discuss key issues and challenges. We additionally organise peer-support meetings for mentees. Read more here.
Our ECR support team
- Professor David Kissane - ECR Coordinator
- Dr Aimee Dordevic - ECR Representative
- Dr Xin Du - ECR Representative
- Jin Leng-Graham - SCS executive officer
- Katherine Marks - Communications Manager
- Eugene Fredericks - School Manager/OH&S
- ECR Portal
- Monash Research Office
- Monash Research Committee and Monash University Research Strategic Plan (2011-15)
- Talent Enhancement Scheme
- Early Career Practitioner Fellowships (For Physician-scientists)
- ECR Network and ECR Development Framework
- Monash Institute of Graduate Research
- Future Research Leaders program
- Monash Education Academy
- Research Impact and Publishing Guide
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences