Dr Paul Jansons is employed at the School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health and is a member of the Sarcopenia, Obesity and Lifestyle Laboratory within the Bone and Muscle Research Group. In 2018 he completed his PhD (Monash University) on the effectiveness and efficiency of gym versus home-based exercise intervention with telephone follow-up for adults with chronic health conditions.
Dr Jansons' research interests focuses on innovative strategies to promote physical inactivity in older adults with chronic disease. Other interests include sarcopenia, falls, advanced bone imaging and, tele-health and health economics.
Dr Jansons is a current member of numerous research boards including:
- Human Research Ethics Committee
- Allied Health Research Committee
- Physiotherapy Research and Quality Portfolio (Monash Health)
- Bone and Muscle Group
- Monash Musculoskeletal Research Unit (Monash University)
- ResPTlab (Respiratory Research Group)
- Australian and New Zealand Bone Mineral Society
- Australian Health Economics Society
- Australian Disease Management Association
- Exercise and Sport Science Australia.
Dr Jansons has previously served as an executive director for the Victorian Chapter Exercise and Sport Science Australia -Professional Development Portfolio (2007-2012) and an Independent Grant Assessor, Australian Physiotherapy Association (2016-2017).
Find out more about Dr Paul Jansons.