Important Dates - Domestic applicants
Last Updated:: May 2020
NOTE: The Faculty is continuing to monitor the changing coronavirus situation so any changes to this will be communicated. Keep checking this page and our updates page to stay up-to-date.
Application and Interview timeline for domestic medicine applicants
|2nd March - 11 May|
Registration for UCAT is open at UCAT ANZ and book your testing venue, date and time.
1st July - 31 July
Sit the UCAT test at your nominated date, time and venue.
Digital Open Day on 29, 30 & 31 August 2020.
Apply through VTAC - by 30th September 2020 at 5pm (including Scholarships and SEAS applications).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants who wish to be considered for Medicine at Monash in 2021 MUST apply to VTAC by the close of timely applications. Only those applicants who include at least one Medicine code in their preferences at this time will be considered. If you remove Medicine from your preferences after the closing of applications, you cannot add it back to your preferences and you will no longer be eligible to be considered.
UCAT results released. If you have not sat the UCAT test this year, you will not be eligible to apply for medicine for the 2021 intake.
Week commencing 12 October 2020 - eligible applicants, those who have sat the UCAT this year and have one of the medicine courses as a preference, will receive an email from the Faculty.
At this time applicants will be invited to apply for the Dean’s Rural List and Dean’s Indigenous List. Applications for DRL will close on 6th November 2020 at 5pm. Applicants will not receive any correspondence regarding the outcome of their DRL application from the University.
NOTE: It is the applicants' responsibility to regularly check their email including their SPAM and TRASH folders. Please do not contact the Faculty Admission Unit unless you have thoroughly checked your emails.
December / January / February
All interviews will be held online via Zoom
Important Notes Regarding the Interviews:
- Interviews are scheduled at the discretion of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- **Due to COVID-19 and VCE results late released date, December interviews (only) will be based on an applicant's UCAT total score.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview via email and will be required to log in to an online system to self-allocate a time to attend. Once the system closes, changes will not be permitted and late requests cannot be accommodated.
- Applicants should make themselves available for all published dates if they wish to remain eligible for Medicine at Monash.
- There are no other options available for interview, all interviews are using the MMI format.
- Only those applicants who attend an interview will remain eligible for an offer.