Important Dates - Domestic applicants
Application and Interview timeline for domestic medicine applicants
Last update: 23rd September 2021
|1 March - 17 May|
Registration for UCAT is open at UCAT ANZ and book your testing venue, date and time.
1st July - 11 August
Sit the UCAT test at your nominated date, time and venue.
Open Day - to be advised
Apply through VTAC - by end September 2021 at 5pm (TBA) (including Scholarships and SEAS applications).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants who wish to be considered for Medicine at Monash in 2022 MUST apply to VTAC by the close of timely applications. Only those applicants who include at least one Medicine code in their preferences at this time will be considered. If you remove Medicine from your preferences after the closing of applications, you cannot add it back to your preferences and you will no longer be eligible to be considered.
If you have not sat the UCAT test this year, you will not be eligible to apply for medicine for the 2022 intake.
Week commencing 11 October 2021 - Applicants who have sat the UCAT this year and have one of the medicine courses as a preference, will receive an email from the Faculty, providing them with any additional information surrounding the application process.
This email will also contain instructions on how to apply for the Dean’s Rural List (DRL) and Dean’s Indigenous List (DIL). Applications for DRL will close on 5 November 2021 at 5pm. Note: Applicants will not receive any further correspondence regarding the outcome of their DRL application from the University but may receive a request to further clarify any unclear submissions.
NOTE: It is the applicants' responsibility to regularly check their email including their SPAM and TRASH folders. Please do not contact the Faculty Admission Unit unless you have thoroughly checked your emails.
December / January
*All dates are subject to change and will based on the release of VTAC results and the timing of VTAC offers.
Interviews will be held online via Zoom.
Important Notes Regarding the Interviews:
- Interviews are scheduled at the discretion of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview via email and will be required to log in to an online system to self-allocate a time to attend. Once the system closes, changes will not be permitted and late requests cannot be accommodated.
- Applicants should make themselves available for all published dates if they wish to remain eligible for Medicine at Monash.
- There are no other options available for interview, all interviews are using the MMI format.
- Only those applicants who attend an interview will remain eligible for an offer.