Important Dates - Domestic applicants
Application and Interview timeline for domestic medicine applicants
Last update: May 2022
|1 March - 17 May|
Registration for UCAT is open at UCAT ANZ and book your testing venue, date and time.
1st July -
Sit the UCAT test at your nominated date, time and venue.
Monash Open Day (Clayton Campus)
Apply through VTAC - by 29 September 2022 at 5pm (including Scholarships and SEAS applications).
Telephone: 1300 364 133 Web: www.vtac.edu.au
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants who wish to be considered for Medicine at Monash in 2022 MUST apply to VTAC by the close of timely applications. Only those applicants who include at least one Medicine code in their preferences at this time will be considered. If you remove Medicine from your preferences after the closing of applications, you cannot add it back to your preferences and you will no longer be eligible to be considered.
If you have not sat the UCAT in 2022, you will not be eligible to apply for medicine for the 2023 intake.
Week commencing 10 October 2022 - Applicants who have sat the UCAT in 2022 and have one of the preferences for direct entry medicine courses at Monash listed, will receive an email from the Faculty, providing them with any additional information surrounding the application process.
This email will also contain instructions on how to apply for the Dean’s Rural List (DRL) and The Monash University Indigenous Student Access Scheme. Applications for DRL will close on 5 November 2022 at 5pm.
NOTE: It is the applicants' responsibility to regularly check their email including their SPAM and TRASH folders. Please do not contact the Faculty Admission Unit unless you have thoroughly checked your emails.
December / January
Interviews will be held online via Zoom and dates are yet to be scheduled. Please monitor this page for updates.
Important Notes Regarding the Interviews:
- Interviews are scheduled at the discretion of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview via email and will be required to log in to an online system to self-allocate a time to attend. Once the system closes, changes will not be permitted and late requests cannot be accommodated.
- Applicants should make themselves available for all published dates if they wish to remain eligible for Medicine at Monash.
- There are no other options available for interview, all interviews are using the MMI format.
- Only those applicants who attend an interview will remain eligible for an offer.