Dean’s Indigenous List (DIL)
If you identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person and you aspire to a career as a doctor, Monash University will support you in reaching your goals.
The first thing you need to do is apply for the relevant course via VTAC by the close of timely applications. VTAC will then advise us of your application and staff from Gukwonderuk Indigenous Engagement Unit will contact you about your application for the course and for the Dean's Indigenous List (DIL).
Follow the process as listed below to ensure you are considered.
- Check that you have the minimum entry requirements/prerequisite studies for the course(s) you are applying for
- Apply for the course by the close of timely applications.
Medicine VTAC courses codes:
2800311261 (CSP - Extended Rural Cohort)
2800311251 (CSP - Bonded Medical Places)
- Tick the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) box as well as the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) box when you submit your VTAC application.
- Make sure you have the correct email address in your VTAC application. Monash recommends that applicants with @hotmail.com accounts set up an alternative email for communication purposes during the selection period.
- VTAC will provide the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences with information on your behalf and staff will from the Gukwonderuk Indigenous Engagement Unit will contact you in mid-October to help you with your application and provide further advice about the process.
- Check your emails and when you receive our invitation to submit the information, please do so by the date specified.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by the Gukwonderuk Indigenous Engagement Unit about attending an interview.
If you are accepted into a Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences' course (including Medicine and Physiotherapy programs) you could be eligible for Faculty Indigenous Accommodation Bursary which covers the cost of one full year of accommodation at Monash Residential Services.
If you are accepted into a Monash course you may also be eligible for further assistance including a waiver of certain costs associated with your study.
For further information about the services provided by the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences' Gukwonderuk Indigenous Engagement Unit visit the website.
For further information about opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians at Monash, visit The Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit.