Biomedical Science Pathway to Graduate Entry Medicine
The Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) will replace the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) MBBS for applicants commencing in 2017.
Application process via the Biomedical Science pathway
To be eligible to apply for Graduate Entry Medicine via the Biomedical Science pathway applicants must:
- have commenced the Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Monash University since 2014;
- be on track to complete the 12 core Biomedical Science units from years 1 and 2 of the program by the end of their second semester of their penultimate year: (BMS1011, BMS1021, BMS1031, BMS1042, BMS1052, BMS1062, BMS2011, BMS2021, BMS2031, BMS2042, BMS2052 and BMS2062).
- have achieved an Average Mark (AM) of at least 70 across the core biomedical science units to be ranked for interview.
Students who commenced the Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Monash including double degrees prior to 2014 remain eligible to apply for Graduate Entry Medicine in the final year of their degree or if they have already course completed.
Applicants via the Biomedical Science pathway will be ranked based on their Average Mark (AM) across the core years 1 and 2 Biomedical Science units.
This further assessment process consisting of a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) and Situational Judgement Test (SJT) will take place at the Clayton campus (Date to be advised). Eligible applicants will be invited to attend via email.
Applicants should be aware that there will be a short period of time between invitations being offered and the MMI and SJT task being undertaken. Invited applicants will be required to self-select their date and session time and must be available to attend during these times in order to be considered for a conditional offer.
Conditional offers will be made based on applicants' ranking of academic performance (40%) and interview / SJT (60%) prior to applicants' commencing the third year of their course. Applicants who receive a conditional offer are required to maintain their Average Mark during the final year of their Biomedical Science program.
The remaining places in the program will be open to students who have completed the following Monash University degrees:
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (including double degrees and students who commenced prior to 2014)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- *Bachelor of Science (Dependent on the completion of designated units).
Applicants should be aware that admission to Graduate Entry Medicine will be highly competitive. We recommend that students consider alternative options for graduate entry medical courses including those where GAMSAT is still a requirement.
For further information, contact 1800 MONASH (1800 666 274) or email firstname.lastname@example.org