Biomedical Science Pathway to Graduate Entry Medicine
Application process via the Biomedical Science pathway - 50 places
To be eligible to apply for Graduate Entry Medicine via the Biomedical Science pathway applicants must:
- have commenced the Bachelor of Biomedical Science (including double degrees) at Monash University since 2014;
- be on track to successfully course complete the degree at the end of your application year.
- have achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 70 across all completed units to be ranked for an interview.
- have not previously applied for graduate entry medicine at Monash University
Students who commenced the Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Monash (including double degrees) prior to 2014 remain eligible to apply for Graduate Entry Medicine in the final year of their degree or if they have already course completed.
The further assessment process consists of a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) and Situational Judgement Test (SJT) and will take place at the Churchill campus during mid-semester break in September. Eligible applicants will be invited to attend via email and will receive their invitation in early September
Applicants should be aware that there will be a short period of time between invitations being offered and the MMI and SJT task being undertaken. Invited applicants will be required to self-select their date and session time and must be available to attend during these times in order to be considered for an offer.
Offers will be made based on applicants' ranking of academic performance (40%) and interview / SJT (60%) after final results have been released.
There will be a further 25 places available in the program that will be open to students who have completed at least one the following Monash University degrees:
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (including double degrees and students who commenced prior to 2014)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- *Bachelor of Science (Dependent on the completion of designated units).
Applicants should be aware that admission to Graduate Entry Medicine will be highly competitive. We recommend that students consider alternative options for graduate entry medical courses including those where GAMSAT is still a requirement.
For further information, contact 1800 MONASH (1800 666 274) or email firstname.lastname@example.org