Graduate Entry Medicine - applications for 2019
Application process - 25 places
To be eligible to apply for Graduate Entry Medicine for 2019 entry you must:
- have completed or be in the process of completing a Monash University degree in one of the following:
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (including double degrees)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- *Bachelor of Science with specified units (see list below).
- have maintained or achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 70; and
- be on track to course complete at the end of 2018.
Applicants will be ranked for interview based on their achieved WAM across all units completed in the most relevant undergraduate degree *.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) and Situational Judgement Test (SJT), which will take place at Churchill campus during the mid-semester break in September. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend via email in early September and will be required to self-select their time via an online system. It is applicants' responsibility to check their emails and follow the instructions provided.
*A minimum of 5 of the following units must be completed within the Bachelor of Science degree to be eligible for Graduate Entry Medicine:
- BCH2011: Structure and function of cellular biomolecules;
- BCH2022: Metabolic basis of human diseases;
- DEV2011: Early human development from cells to tissues;
- DEV2022: Principles of organ and body design;
- GEN2052: Genomics and population genetics;
- IMM2011: Basic Immunology: The body’s defense system;
- IMM2022: Immunology in health and disease;
- MIC2011: Introduction to microbiology and microbial biotechnology;
- MIC2022: Microbes of health and disease;
- MCB2011: Molecular Biology: Genes and their expression;
- MCB2022: Molecular biology: gene technology and its application;
- PHA2022: Drugs and society;
- PHY2011: Neuroscience of sensory and control systems in the body;
- PHY2032: Endocrine control systems;
- PHY2042: Body systems physiology.
For further information, contact 1800 MONASH (1800 666 274) or email email@example.com