Dr Phillip Thompson
Dr Phillip Thompson was a post-doctoral researcher in the biomedical sciences for 8 years before moving into project management.
Phillip has worked on a number of major projects over 11 years at Monash in both the education and research portfolios. Some of his projects include:
- Establishing the MBBS course at Monash University, Malaysia, including accreditation by the Australian Medical Council - a first for a non-Australian-based medical school
- Consolidation of animal services and establishment of the Monash Animal Research Platform
- Development of a FNMHS Project Management framework
- Establishing a Node of the Victorian Platform Technologies Network at Monash University
- Proposal development and project management for shared research infrastructure (e.g. Histology, SEACO, Monash Biospecimen Cryostorage Facility, MAGNET (a GP-patient database))
- Proposal and initial project management for Medicine Teaching and Learning Precinct (value = $25M)
- Business case and implementation plan for the Monash Institute for Medical Engineering
- Faculty Strategic Plan 2013-2017
Phillip is the National Project Manager for the IMPACT project. Read more about the project here.