Ms Lesley Hawes
Antimicrobial stewardship in general practice
BSc (hons), GCUT, MPH
Developing and validating a framework for antimicrobial stewardship in general practice. My scoping literature review has developed a model framework for antimicrobial stewardship in general practice; this is to be validated by interviews with key stakeholders.
PhD candidate, Department of General Practice, Monash University, Australia
- Supervisors: Professor Danielle Mazza; Associate Professor Kirsty Buising
- Funding: Lesley's PhD is funded by the National Centre for Antimicrobial Stewardship
(NCAS), NHMRC Grant No. 1079625
- The University of Queensland Primary Care Clinical Unit Award for Excellence in Translating Evidence into Practice, at the AAAPC Conference 14 – 15 August 2020
Papers published during PhD candidature
- Hawes L, Buising K, Mazza D. Antimicrobial stewardship in general practice: a scoping review of the component parts. Antibiotics (Basel) 2020;9(8).
- Hawes L, Turner L, Buising K, Mazza D. Use of electronic medical records to describe general practitioner antibiotic prescribing patterns. Aust J Gen Pract 2018; 47(11): 796-800.
- Hawes L, Turner L, Buising K, Mazza D. Workflow based data solutions are required to support antimicrobial stewardship in general practice. (Submitted manuscript)
- Buising K, Rajkhowa A, Mazza D, Hawes L. Antimicrobial stewardship in the community: understanding the data. Medicine Today. 2019;20(4):43-5.
- Yan J, Hawes L, Turner L, Mazza D, Pearce C, Buttery J. Antimicrobial prescribing for children in primary care. J Paediatr Child Health 2019; 55(1): 54-8. 10.1111/jpc.14105
- Saha SK, Hawes L, Mazza D. Improving antibiotic prescribing by general practitioners: a protocol for a systematic review of interventions involving pharmacists. BMJ Open 2018; 8(4): e020583. 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-020583
- Saha SK, Hawes L, Mazza D. Effectiveness of interventions involving pharmacists on antibiotic prescribing by general practitioners: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Antimicrob Chemother 2019. 10.1093/jac/dky572
- Hawes L, Buising K, Mazza D. Antimicrobial Stewardship in General Practice: A Scoping Review of the Component Parts. Antibiotics (Basel) 2020;9(8). doi.org /10.3390/antibiotics9080498