What is a Summer or Winter Scholar?
The Department of General Practice is pleased to offer a limited number of Summer and Winter Scholarship Placements each year.
Our program enables students to participate in a selected research project over the holiday period, working alongside the research team, as a team member.
Overall aims of the Department of General Practice Program are to provide:
- Experience in an area of research
- Insight into future opportunities
- Encouragement to pursue a career in research or academia
- Supervision, mentorship and support
- Access to links, networks and connections with undergraduate and postgraduate students, staff and other researchers, locally and around the world
- An opportunity to ‘try’ research before embarking on a research pathway
- Access to world class data sets
- An opportunity to contribute to the evidence based generation of knowledge for your community and globally
All scholarship holders are expected to work from 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, for the period of their scholarship project at our offices in Notting Hill.
Projects on offer vary each holiday period. Please review our current scholarships project listing.
All applications for Scholarships are processed through the Scholarships Office.