Dr. Kuan-Yin Lin
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Physiotherapy
PhD, MSci (Physiotherapy), BSci (Physiotherapy)
Phone: +61 3 9904-4818
Kuan-Yin is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences at Monash University. She is currently working on a NHMRC funded women's health and pelvic floor physiotherapy research program.
My research is focused on pelvic floor function in patients following surgery for pelvic cancer. My research interests include exercise, patient outcomes, and pelvic floor muscle measurement and training for cancer populations.
- PhD Thesis – Lin, KY (2016) Physical Function in Patients Following Surgery for Colorectal Cancer
- Lin KY, Tsauo JY (2013) Effects of Yoga on the Quality of Life in Cancer Patients, Cho William CS, Evidence-based Anticancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Volume 4, Evidence-based Non-pharmacological Therapies for Palliative Cancer Care; Springer, pp 127-151.
- Master Thesis – Lin, KY (2011) Effects of supervised exercise intervention in colorectal cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Granger C, Connolly B, Denehy L, Hart N, Antippa P, Lin KY, Parry S. Understanding factors influencing physical activity and exercise in lung cancer: a systematic review. Supportive Care in Cancer. 2017 Mar;25(3):983-999.
- Lin KY, Denehy L, Frawley H.C., Dimitriadis T, Martin J, Parry S, Irving L, Granger C.L. How should functional exercise capacity be measured in colorectal cancer? a pilot validation study. Jacobs Journal of Physiotherapy and Exercise. 2016, 2(2): 017.
- Lin KY, Frawley H, Granger C, Denehy L. The Australian Pelvic Floor Questionnaire is a valid measure of pelvic floor symptoms in patients following surgery for colorectal cancer. Neurourology and Urodynamics. 2016 Oct 24. doi: 10.1002/nau.23122. [Epub ahead of print].
- Balachandran S, Lee A, Denehy L, Lin KY, Royse A, Royse C, El-Ansary D. Risk Factors for Sternal Complications After Cardiac Operations: A Systematic Review. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016 Dec;102(6):2109-2117.
- Lin KH, Lin KY, Siu KC. The effect of psychiatric symptoms on return to work after occupational injury: A systematic review. Occupational Medicine (Oxford, England). 2016 Oct;66(7):514-21.
- Lin KY, Frawley H, Denehy L, Feil D, Granger C. Exercise interventions for patients with gynecological cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Physiotherapy. 2016 Dec;102(4):309-319.
- Lin KY, Granger C, Denehy L, Frawley H. Pelvic floor muscle training for bowel dysfunction following colorectal cancer surgery: a systematic review. Neurourology and Urodynamics. 2015;34(8):703-12.
- Lin KY, Shun SC, Lai YH, Liang JT, Tsauo JY. Comparison of the effects of a supervised exercise program and usual care in patients with colorectal cancer undergoing chemotherapy. Cancer Nursing. 2014; 37(2):E21-E29.
- Lin KY, Hu YT, Chang KJ, Lin HF, Tsauo JY. Effects of yoga on psychological health, quality of life and physical health of patients with cancer: A meta-analysis. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2011;2011:659876. Epub 2011 Mar 9.
- Melbourne International Fee Remission Scholarship, The University of Melbourne (2013-2017)
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships, The University of Melbourne (2013-2016)
- 2015 MSHS RESEARCH COLLOQUIUM prize winner, The University of Melbourne, Oral Presentation 1st Place (16th October 2015)