Dr Stephen Maloney
B.Appl.Sc (Physiotherapy), MPH, PhD, eMBA, FANZAHPE
Telephone:+61 3 9904 4240
Facsimile:+61 3 9904 4812
A/Prof. Stephen Maloney (B.Physio, MPH, PhD, eMBA) is Director of Education for Monash University’s School of Primary and Allied Health Care, and Deputy Head of the Department of Physiotherapy, in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. Stephen is a founding member and current chair of the International Society for Cost and Value in Health Professions Education, a fellow of the Monash Education Academy, and an adjunct of the Monash Education and Research Quality Unit. Stephen’s education and research interests are in the field of cost and value – applying economic evaluations to health professions education, with the goal of increasing the evidence base toward sustainable excellence in teaching and learning practices.
- Monash Education Academy Fellowship, awarded 2017.
- Australian Government, Office of Learning and Teaching, Citation – For outstanding contribution to student learning. 2015
- Monash Teacher Accelerator Fellowship. Office of PVC(L&T). 2014-2015.
- Vice Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence, 2013.
- MU-OLT Teaching innovation and impact special commendation. Nov 2016. Haines, Maloney, Nestel, Bowles, Keigaldie, Williams
- Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences (MNHS) Faculty ECR Publication Prize, for Social and Educational Research.2013. Breakeven, cost benefit, cost effectiveness, and willingness to pay for web-based versus face-to-face education delivery for health professionals.
- Medical Education (journal of) Critics Choice Award. Edinburgh, 2013
- Monash University Faculty-based early career researcher publication prize (2013)
- School of Primary Health Care ECR publication prize (2013).
- Higher Education Research Development Society of Australia, seed funding award ‘starting an International Society for Cost and Value in Medical Education’. 2013.