Bachelor of Radiation Sciences
(course code M2013)
About the course
Combine science and technology with health and patient care. Start your journey to becoming a registered radiation therapist with our Bachelor of Radiation Sciences.
Your studies will include physics, instrumentation, radiobiology, imaging anatomy, physiology, epidemiology, oncology, radiation therapy, cancer management strategies and patient care.
With the opportunity to immerse yourself in the latest technology you'll practice in 3D treatment simulations to practice important technical skills and learn how to use radiation therapy planning software. Experience life as a Radiation Therapist from second year, with clinical placements in teaching hospitals and private radiation therapy centres across Victoria while developing skills in:
- Computed tomography
- Radiation therapy planning
- Radiation therapy treatment
- Patient care and management
In your first three semesters of Radiation Sciences you'll study at the Monash Caufield campus, with the remainder of the course held at the Monash Clayton campus.
INTERNAL COURSE TRANSFER (Current Monash Students Only)
Applicants considering an Internal Course Transfers must demonstrate that they:
- Meet the prerequisites as published in the Find a Course
- Completed at least 24 credit points of study
- Obtained at least a Distinction (70) average
2. Application Process
2019 Closing Date: TBC
- Applicants must re-enrol into their current course as notification of the application outcome will not be available until after the re-enrolment closing date.
3. How to apply
Applicants must complete the following:
Applicants will also be required to submit:
- Original Certified copy of ATAR score
- Original Certified copy of VCE study score
NB: If you did not complete Year 12 in Victoria, please provide original certified copies of your year 12 studies.
Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted.
VTAC APPLICANTS (Current Year 12 and Non-Year 12 Applicants)
- Information on course prerequisites and admission requirements can be found through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre guide and Find a course.
- All applications are processes through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre
- Please refer to the VTAC website for all application dates: http://www.vtac.edu.au/dates.html
PRE CLINICAL CHECKS
Students will be undertaking clinical placement in semester 2, year 2. The following are required prior to this placement. More information will be provided in semester 1, year 2.
Students must have a current police check prior to undertaking their clinical placement. Please refer to the Faculty's Police Check website.
- Working With Children Checks
Students must have a current Working With Children check prior to undertaking their clinical placement. Please refer to the Faculty's Working With Children Check website
- Immunisation and Infection Risk Requirements
Students undertaking clinical placements as part of their course are required to meet the Faculty's Immunisation and Vaccination Policies and Procedures. Students who are not compliant with the requirements cannot undertake their placement and must understand that this may impede their academic progression. Please refer to the Faculty's Immunisation and Infection Risk website.
- First Aid (highly recommended)
Students are required to undertake a Level 1 first aid course prior to undertaking their clinical placement. It can be any first aid course that contains CPR and general first aid.
Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
C129 Level 1
10 Chancellors Walk
Monash University VIC 3800
Email: Enquire Now
Tel: 1800 MONASH (1800 666 274) within Australia
+61 3 9902 6011 (outside Australia)